Man I am bad at keeping up with things. About a month ago, Cara over at Silver Screen Serenade nominated me for the Sunshine Award. It has taken me a while but I have finally gotten around to putting this post together. The rules for the Sunshine award are simple:
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated me for the award
- Present 10 deserving bloggers with the award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded
- Write 10 interesting things about you
So first things first, thanks Cara for the nomination! This is my first bloggers award and it feels great to have been nominated after blogging only a few months. Cara does movie and TV series reviews and all kinds of crazy shenanigans on her blog, so definitely check it out. Now it’s my turn to nominate 10 deserving bloggers. Here are my nominees:
- B+ Movie Blog
- Blue Fish Comics
- Confessions of a Nerf Herder
- JavaGirl’s Life
- Jordan and Eddie (The Movie Guys)
- Keith &the Movies
- Modern Mouse Radio
- The Popcorn Muncher
- Unfolding the Plot
- Voices: FILM and TV Part II
I think part of the reason it has taken me so long to finally get this post written was because I had to think of ten things about myself. If it were something like two or three it wouldn’t have been a problem but ten!? It took me a while to think of that many interesting things. So without further ado:
- I adopted my dog in October of 2011. Her name is Vicki, she’s about five years old and carrots are her favorite treat. Here is a picture so you can collectively ‘awww:’
- I’m a soccer player. I have been playing for over 15 years and am currently playing in an indoor league.
- I like to doodle and draw in my free time.
- I listen to most music genres but my favorite is classic rock.
- I LOVE aquariums. Ever since I was in kindergarten I have had an aquarium. I consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to aquarium maintenance and fish care.
- When I was in high school I took Russian language classes. I can still read it but can’t really speak much more than the basics anymore. Sometime I will relearn it.
- I spent more time watching Twitch Plays Pokemon Red than I did watching the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Playing video games is one of my favorite way to spend my free time.
- I am a terrible procrastinator, as evident by my taking several weeks to write this post.
- And last but not least, after I first saw Frozen, I listened to “Let It Go” all the time. I mean like every. Single. Day. I couldn’t get enough of it. Once I listened to it on repeat for almost two hours and the only reason I stopped was because it was time for me to leave work.
And there you have it. Thanks again Cara for the nomination! There are a few reviews that I have been meaning to write, particularly a few Harold Ramis movies, so expect those soon.