Wow, another award! I don’t think I deserve all these, but hey, I’m not going to argue. This award comes from Khalid over at The Blazing Reel. Khalid offers many different features on his site so I highly recommend you go check it out. The rules are as follows:
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and link the blogger who awarded you
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded
- Write seven interesting things about you
Khalid, you and I have only recently started following each other, but thank you for the nomination!
I’m going to do something slightly different but I will explain in just a moment. I had trouble coming up with facts about myself I haven’t used in my other awards, so this took me time to think of some new stuff. I managed to think of a few things, so here are seven facts about myself:
- I am a web developer. I’ve been web programming for about five years and I’ve been a programmer for about eight years. I enjoy (almost) every minute of it.
- I can’t write English cursive. It’s not that I don’t know how, it’s just that when I do, I switch to writing Russian cursive. In high school, I only wrote cursive in my Russian language class. So after a few words I switch languages. I still write English words, just with the Russian letter equivalent (so “p” becomes “п”, “d” becomes “д”, etc.). It’s not as bad now but I have to concentrate more on what I’m writing.
- I don’t mind when things are messy but I don’t like it when things are dirty.
- I recently bought a new fish tank. I upgraded from a 20-gallon aquarium I’ve had for almost 15 years to a 75-gallon aquarium.
- I learned how do drive a manual transmission car only just recently. I wanted to learn so when I bought my car several months ago, I bought a stick shift so I would be forced to learn and keep up with it.
- I have come to the conclusion that no one has a cute yawn. You may have a cute sneeze or cute laugh or cute something else, but you do not have a cute yawn. I’m sorry, you just don’t.
- I describe myself as an extroverted introvert. I thought I created that term but then I heard other people say it and realized I’m not that special. What I mean by “extroverted introvert” is that I am an introvert but I have some extroverted tendencies. If someone is really interested, I can talk about it in the comments, but I’d be here for a while if I started listing all the nuances. I’ve also seen the term “outgoing introvert” to describe this type of behavior.
Now, as for that “something different” I mentioned, I’m not going to nominate anyone. Whenever I see the Dragon’s Loyalty Award passed around, I think of it as a recognition to loyal followers of that blog. So going with that thought process, instead of nominating 15 bloggers, I’m going to list
15 20 bloggers who I would consider loyal followers. These aren’t loyal followers like a cult… maybe… (PS, I made some Kool-Aid for you guys)… but I constantly see their presence on this blog. I wouldn’t have kept up with this blog for nearly two years if people weren’t reading. This is a giant thank you to everyone listed here:
- Dan (Dan the Man’s Movie Reviews)
- Darren (Movie Reviews 101)
- David (That Moment In)
- Emma (Emmakwall (Explains it all))
- Jay (Assholes Watching Movies)
- Jordan (The Canadian Cinephile)
- Jordan and Eddie (Jordan and Eddie (The Movie Guys))
- Justine (Justine’s Movie Blog)
- Kelechi (The Geek Mind)
- Kim (Tranquil Dreams)
- Mark (The Animation Commendation)
- Marta (Ramblings of a Cinefile)
- Mikey (Screenkicker!)
- Mutant (Cinema Parrot Disco)
- Natalia (The Movie Talk Blog)
- Natasha (Life of this city girl)
- Rob (MovieRob)
- Tim (Filmfunkel)
- That Other Critic
- Tom (Digital Shortbread)
If you feel left out, I am truly sorry. My initial list was waaaaay longer and I had a very hard time narrowing it down to 15, so that’s why I have included an extra five. But really, a HUGE Thank You to those of you (both listed and not listed) who continually come back to Drew’s Movie Reviews week after week. I wouldn’t be here without you! 😀
Thanks again to Khalid for the nomination.