I really need to get on top of things (I seem to say that a lot…). The wonderful Justine from Justine’s Movie Blog nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award nearly two months ago. Here I am to finally accept it. I guess there are some rules I have to follow:
- Post the award on your site
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 blogs
- Link to your nominees’ site
Thank you Justine for the nomination! If you have never been to her blog, go check it out! Or even if you have, go again. She writes some pretty great movie reviews and keeps you up-to-date on the comings and goings of films on Netflix. Now, a few facts about me:
- Apparently I have never said this here on my blog before, but I am a redhead. I also have blue eyes. This is a rare combination since both traits are recessive genes. That’s right, I’m a rare species!
- The three subjects I consider myself the most knowledgeable in are the Marvel comics universe, Star Wars (both the movies and the fictional universe before Disney cleared it), and aquariums. The first two of which I can’t really do anything with.
- I have always had potted plants indoors, but last year I tried my hand at outdoor gardening (not landscaping, that I’ve done before). It’s been a blast so far. My flower beds are doing great and this year I put in a strawberry patch which is doing quite successful at the moment.
- I’m from the US but I say “bloody” all the time (it seems to be very uncommon here). I started saying it as a way to not curse around my younger siblings and it eventually crept into my every day rhetoric. People who haven’t talked with me much often call me out on it.
- I watch Wheel of Fortune on a regular basis.
- I’m an avid gamer. I don’t discriminate, I play on consoles, PC, and handhelds. Anyone want to exchange 3DS and/or Wii U friend codes?
- I agree with Justine that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best video game of all time. It’s my favorite video game for sure, although I did enjoy its sequel, Majora’s Mask, quite a bit and have heard some compelling arguments why it’s better than OoT.
Here are my nominations for the
Awesome Versatile Blogger Award
If you don’t participate in awards, I understand. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for being awesome! 🙂
Phew, and that finally does it. Thanks again to Justine for the nomination!
An award has come my way! The Geek over at Confessions From A Geek Mind nominated me for a Liebster Award. Per the rules, I have to:
- Post the award on my site.
- Link back to the person who nominated me for the award
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated me.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to answer a set of questions.
- As I’m nominated I can’t nominate the person who gave me the award.
*sigh* I guess since I have to, thank you Geek for the nomination! Seriously, this is awesome. This is my first Liebster Award so it feels extra special. Here are the questions asked by the Geek, along with my answers:
- Favorite vacation spot? Chicago, particularly the Field Museum
- Favorite color? Red
- Favorite dessert? My grandma’s sugar cookies (they are the best cookies EVER!)
- Favorite black and white movie? Does Sin City count? I can’t remember the last black and white movie I saw, although I have been meaning to see 12 Angry Men
- Favorite superhero? Spider-Man
- Favorite television show? Modern Family
- Favorite book? The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn
- Favorite Beatles song? Come Together
- Favorite dog breed? Black Labrador Retriever
- Favorite beverage? Apple Juice
- Favorite nerdy franchise? Star Wars
My nominees are:
As for my nominees, you have the following questions to answer:
- Marvel or DC?
- If you could hang out with one actor/actress for a night, who would it be?
- What is the longest you have ever waited in line for something and what were you waiting for?
- What does your dream house look like?
- What was the first movie you remember watching?
- Favorite film of all time?
- Favorite movie franchise?
- Favorite game (video, board, whatever)?
- Favorite television show?
- Favorite outdoor activity?
- Favorite fictional character?
Once again I would like to thank The Geek from Confessions From A Geek Mind for the nomination. To my nominees, I look forward to reading your answers. If anyone else wants to answer any/all of my questions, feel free to do so in the comments. It would be fun to hear your answers, too. 😀
Man I am bad at keeping up with things. About a month ago, Cara over at Silver Screen Serenade nominated me for the Sunshine Award. It has taken me a while but I have finally gotten around to putting this post together. The rules for the Sunshine award are simple:
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated me for the award
- Present 10 deserving bloggers with the award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded
- Write 10 interesting things about you
So first things first, thanks Cara for the nomination! This is my first bloggers award and it feels great to have been nominated after blogging only a few months. Cara does movie and TV series reviews and all kinds of crazy shenanigans on her blog, so definitely check it out. Now it’s my turn to nominate 10 deserving bloggers. Here are my nominees:
- B+ Movie Blog
- Blue Fish Comics
- Confessions of a Nerf Herder
- JavaGirl’s Life
- Jordan and Eddie (The Movie Guys)
- Keith &the Movies
- Modern Mouse Radio
- The Popcorn Muncher
- Unfolding the Plot
- Voices: FILM and TV Part II
I think part of the reason it has taken me so long to finally get this post written was because I had to think of ten things about myself. If it were something like two or three it wouldn’t have been a problem but ten!? It took me a while to think of that many interesting things. So without further ado:
- I adopted my dog in October of 2011. Her name is Vicki, she’s about five years old and carrots are her favorite treat. Here is a picture so you can collectively ‘awww:’
- I’m a soccer player. I have been playing for over 15 years and am currently playing in an indoor league.
- I like to doodle and draw in my free time.
- I listen to most music genres but my favorite is classic rock.
- I LOVE aquariums. Ever since I was in kindergarten I have had an aquarium. I consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to aquarium maintenance and fish care.
- When I was in high school I took Russian language classes. I can still read it but can’t really speak much more than the basics anymore. Sometime I will relearn it.
- I spent more time watching Twitch Plays Pokemon Red than I did watching the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Playing video games is one of my favorite way to spend my free time.
- I am a terrible procrastinator, as evident by my taking several weeks to write this post.
- And last but not least, after I first saw Frozen, I listened to “Let It Go” all the time. I mean like every. Single. Day. I couldn’t get enough of it. Once I listened to it on repeat for almost two hours and the only reason I stopped was because it was time for me to leave work.
And there you have it. Thanks again Cara for the nomination! There are a few reviews that I have been meaning to write, particularly a few Harold Ramis movies, so expect those soon.