A huge ‘Thank you’ to That Other Critic for this nomination. I’ve only recently started following him but we have become good blogging friends. If you don’t follow him yet, please go check out his site (after finishing this article of course). He writes some great in-depth movie reviews that are a delight to read. The rules for the Liebster Award this time around are as follows:
- Thank the blog who nominated you and link back to them.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers to receive the coveted award.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post their nomination.
Before I get into the nitty-gritty, I would just like to mention that this is the fastest turn around I have done on an award, so I hope you feel special Critic. I guess it helps that I was on vacation this week. Anyway, here are the questions posed by Critic and my answers:
- What is a movie/series that is considered a cultural landmark that you’ve never seen? I don’t like to admit it but I have never seen any of the Lord of the Rings films. That may change soon, though, because a friend of mine heard, freaked out, and offered to watch the trilogy with me (the full four hour editions).
- What is a movie that everyone loves, that you hate? I’m going to have to go with something more recent and say Nightcrawler. I wouldn’t say I hated it, I feel Gyllenhaal should have been nominated for best actor, but I didn’t think it was as amazing as almost everyone else says it is.
- Alternatively, what’s a movie that everyone hates, that you love? I know they are flawed, but I really enjoy the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy and am a proud defender of them. Could they have been better? Most certainly. But they are what they are and still have their qualities.
- What’s your favorite book of all time? The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn.
- If you were born in a different era, which would you want to have been born in? The late 1970s and 1980s. Many of my favorite bands are from that era and I would have loved to see many of them during their prime.
- Who is your favorite director? Easy, Steven Spielberg.
- If you ever directed/wrote a film, what would it be about? What genre would it be? I’m not sure what a film written/directed by me would be about but it would probably be either a fantasy or science-fiction movie.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? When people take food off my plate without asking. I’ll share my food, just ask me first!
- What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? Another easy one, Airplane!. I could watch that movie over and over and laugh every time.
- What is your favorite movie in each of these genres:
- Drama: Million Dollar Baby
- Romantic: Hitch
- Action: The Avengers
- Sci-Fi: Star Wars: Episode VII: Return of the Jedi
- Fantasy: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Is there a film that was a challenge to watch the entirety of for you, that you watched anyways? If so, what is it? I’m pretty good at watching a movie the whole way through. I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve stopped a movie without finishing but I don’t remember what they were. I don’t walk out of theaters because I paid for the ticket so I’m not going to leave.
Now here are a few random facts about me:
- I have The Mummy and The Mummy Returns on every format since their release and plan on keeping that going.
- I try not to splurge often. However, every year I buy a ton of fireworks for the Fourth of July.
- I collect keychains.
- I also collect labels of the beers I drink. It’s much less space-consuming than keeping the entire bottle.
- I love apple juice, like borderline addicted.
- I have a stutter. It’s strangely and annoyingly inconsistent. I’ve learned ways around it but it is still a pain in the neck sometimes.
Here are my nominees:
- Emma (Emmakwall (Explains it all))
- Justine (Justine’s Movie Blog)
- Natasha (Life of this city girl)
- Rachel (Reviewing all 54 Disney Animated Films and More!)
- Sherise (The Girl that Loved to Review)
- Tim (Filmfunkel)
Finally, my questions for my nominees:
- Can you wiggle your ears?
- Do you watch any web series? If so, what’s your favorite one?
- What is the first movie you remember watching in the theaters?
- Do you prefer 3D or 2D movies or are you indifferent?
- Do/Did you play any sports? Which ones?
- What is your favorite card game?
- What is your favorite board game?
- What is your favorite video game?
- If you had a time machine and could go back in time without consequence of messing up the future, where and when would you visit and why?
- Do you have a motto or mantra?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging or being a blogger?
Thanks again to That Other Critic for the nomination and I can’t wait to see what my nominees come up with!